Earlier I was complaining about Xsine not working with this new printer but the main problem seems to be that the printer doesn't see any of the computers on the hardwired network.

I am running Squeeze, Wheezy and Win2K on various systems on the hardwired part of the LAN. I have Samba installed on my linux systems along with winbind. Smbd, nmbd and winbind are running. When I try to scan from the printer to a network computer the printers list of where to send the scans shows a usb connection ( it is wireless to my Actiontec M1424MR router) and nothing else. I have an XP laptop that I connected wirelessly to the network. The printer found this and listed It properly. The rest of the network systems find the XP as well.

In summary:

1. The 3 Linux machines, using Smb4K, and the Win2K machine , using "My Network Neighborhood", find all of the computers both hardwired and wireless,
2. All of the Linux systems and the XP system can print to the printer.
3. The XP wireless using "my network neighborhood", finds none of the hardwired computers.
4. The printer, in scan mode, finds the XP machine and nothing else.
5. The printer scans correctly to the wireless XP machine.

In Epson's infinite wisdom they do not supply a driver for Win2K and older systems any more. Because of this and their attitude when they hear Linux, I would not buy this printer under some circumstances. It's too bad because the printer seems to be a good unit.

Any help would be sincerely appreciated. I suspect that the Samba setup is the problem but have no idea what to do to fix it. I use Swat with Samba.

Gary R.