On 09/22/2012 04:38 AM, Gábor Hársfalvi wrote:
Hi,

When I run the command "apt-get autoremove" it wants to remove 115
packages, for example "network-manager, network-manager-gnome,
software-center, update-manager-core, update-manager-gnome,
update-notifier,
   update-notifier-common".

But I don't want to remove these because I think they are important
system packages. Don't they are?

Why autroremove wants to remove they now?

I was know that autoremove usually helps cleaning my system safely so
I used it a lot before without problem.

The apt-get man page describes that quite well.

Please use the tools installed on your system.

man apt-get
  autoremove
autoremove is used to remove packages that were automatically installed to satisfy dependencies for other packages and are now no longer needed.

Also see  autoclean for less destructive alternative.

Regards

--
Wayne