On 24/09/12 18:50, Camaleón wrote:
On Mon, 24 Sep 2012 17:33:52 +0200, Jerome BENOIT wrote:

Hello List:

On 24/09/12 16:30, Camaleón wrote:
On Mon, 24 Sep 2012 13:20:17 +0200, Jerome BENOIT wrote:

I use IceDove to manage my emails. Today I got a message with an ICS
(Calendar) attachment. IceOwl detects the event: a banner ``This
message contains an invitation to an event'' is printed. But,
amazingly, I can not figure out a way to make IceOwl register the
event: any idea ?

It should be handled (added) automatically by the calendar, at least
that's what happens with "iceowl-extension".

iceowl-extension is installed

Oops, then IceOwl should not be needed.

Do you have the ".ics" mimetype associated to IceOwl?

I guess not: how can I check that part of the Story ?

Mmm... as you have "iceowl-extension" this one has to process the ICS
attached files, that's what happens in my case (note that I have no
Sundbird nor IceOwl installed but the calendar extension) which makes me
wonder if the ICS file you received was properly formatted.

Run a quick test by sending to yourself an invitation to a self-created
event

This is a good idea indeed :-;

I sent to an other address of mine an invitation, but there was no ICS
is it expected ?
how can we attach an ICS invitation ?

 and check how it goes.

Jerome

P.S. Consider a replacement for IceOwl (Sunbird) because AFAICT is not
being maintained upstream anymore.

This is true.

What is the suggested replacement ?

For the Mozilla project I guess the former successor is Lightning (i.e.,
"iceowl-extension") but you can look for another standalone calendar app.

Greetings,