On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 6:31 PM, Shane Johnson wrote:

> The first part of the line is the SHA512 hash and the last half is the CD
> the hash is for.  If you go back to the directory from the URL I sent
> (http://mirrors.xmission.com/debian-cd/current/i386/iso-cd/) you can find
> the hashs for whichever format you  are most comfortable with.

Hi Shane,

The first part of what line please? What is SHA512 Hash? I really
appreciate the help but I'm new to the verify iso download procedure
and would like to learn how-to use the md5sum program. Not sure I
understand what you suggest and how it relates relates.

I'll re-read your replies again and see if I can better understand.

Thank you Shane
Wally