Hello!

I would like to move from old 320GB HDD to a new 1TB HDD. I have the
following partition structure:

sda1 - XP
sda2 - Debian 7 x86_64 (boot partition)
sda3 - swap

The GRUB is on the sda2 partition not in the MBR. That's why sda2 is
the boot partition. If I set sda1 as boot partition XP runs. I just do
not want to disturb original MBR loader code.

I clone my system to a new bigger HDD using Clonezilla 2 for Linux. At
start GRUB loader only writes GRUB on the screen and nothing else
happen. If I set sda1 as boot XP load and works fine. I've tried to
reinstall grub under RIPLinux x86_64 with mount sda2 and chroot but no
success. update-grub displays no error but no success. The Linux
filesystem including /boot folder and grub is there. Most likely there
is some missing piece which is not part of filesystem therefore
clonezilla misses that part.

My question is what is the recommended way of reinstall GRUB after
cloning in such situation? Why update-grub does not works? Might try
to copy with dd and resize later?

Bye,