On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 10:41:16AM -0500, Richard Owlett wrote:
> Recently someone was chided for attempting installation from a CD.
>
> Not all of us have convenient access to a high speed internet
> connection.

I don't believe they were chided, simply reminded that the best way to
get packages is usually direct from the repositories.

As you note, there are use-cases for the CDs, which is why they exist.
For example, I have installed debian on an air-gapped system (that is, a
server which is not and will never be connected to the internet). My
only option in that case was to download DVDs and use them.