Salvatore Bonaccorso wrote:
Hi Richard

On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 08:39:27AM -0600, Richard Owlett wrote:
I'm following the example preseed.cfg given at
http://www.debian.org/releases/squeeze/example-preseed.txt .

It gives no detailed information on correct usage of
d-i pkgsel/include string ...
AND
d-i preseed/late_command string ...

This should be here [1]. Basically you pass the additional packages
you want to install there.

  [1]: http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/amd64/apbs04.html.en#preseed-pkgsel

I unsuccessfully attempted to use the first. I suspect the second
may be more appropriate.

Where are these documented?

  [2]: http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/amd64/apbs05.html.en#preseed-hooks

Does this helps?

No :(
Those only tell me the commands exist.
I need to know what constraints exist for using them.

In another thread ["apt-get BUG" OR "OPERATOR Error"? http://lists.debian.org/50bebe94.3080...@cloud85.net] I described my problems using apt-get. Andrei Popescu identified the problem how dependencies were resolved [http://lists.debian.org/50c1e3f5.6070...@cloud85.net] I'm running into apparently the same problem when trying to do it with preseeding. I asked this time in general terms because I have ideas of other things I may wish to preseed so I was looking for a broad answer.