On Wednesday, December 19, 2012 10:36:30 PM, Lisi Reisz, an eminent
manifestation of divinity, wrote:
> What is "Squeeze '2'" (live or otherwise)?  What does the "2" mean?

i don't remember the link i got "Squeeze 2" from, but i have seen references
to "Squeeze 2C" and "Squeeze 2D" on this mailing list recently. i'm sure i
downloaded the ISO from the debian.com web site...

my guess is that "Squeeze" was released, then "Squeeze 2", then "Squeeze 2B"
and so forth, but, as i said, i can't currently find the URI for the page...

> You are thinking too much in Kubuntu speak.

i'm doing fairly well, considering that my pre-linux language was mac or
windows, and i have been using linux /exclusively/ since 2000 or there
abouts...

> Try using an install CD or DVD
> if you want to install.

i *AM* using an install CD, as i said in my original post.

perhaps you are thinking too much in "geek-speak" and not enough in "normal-
people speak"...

> Is it perhaps faulty?  (Faulty DVD or CD, corrupted file etc.)
>
> Did you run a check on the CD?  I still use MD5sum, but I have to point out
> that it is deprecated now.  The world has moved on.  I think that everyone
> else now uses SHA-2 or even SHA-3.

it validates using both MD5sum and SHA-3

--
namaste
salamandir

--
Beware of the fish people. They are the true enemy.
     -- Frank Zappa