Vaibhav Niku writes:
> And 'Artifax Software, Inc' grants me the rights as set out in the
> GPL. GPL allows me to make any modifications I see fit, and _use_ the
> resulting software. I may choose to remove the lines which insert the
> copyright notice in all PS files.

Use, yes.  However, if you distribute the software you must comply with
the GPL.  As part of the software the prolog is licensed to you under
the GPL and so you must comply with the GPL when distributing files
containing it.  Note that this applies only to the prolog, not the rest
of the file.

On the other hand, the prolog may not be protected by copyright at all.
If so, you may do with it as you will regardless of the license terms.
--
John Hasler