Gary,
I've never used the net install image I use live image but it should be
similar.  Get to a command line and then use sudo to mount the Debian
partition somewhere.  Once it's mounted you can run chroot {path to where
 you mounted} /bin/bash --login.  This will make it so the commands you run
are run from the install on your HD.  From there you can run the
update-grub for it to update the /boot/grub/grub.cfg file.

Shane