On Tuesday 29 January 2013 10:56:17 pm you wrote:
> On 30 January 2013 07:38, Sthu Deus <sthu.d...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Good time of the day, Sharon.
> >
> > You wrote:
> > > Yesterday I removed the meta-package of LibreOffice, and then
> > > installed the source package of LibreOffice 3.6.5.2. I now find
> > > that it wasn't fully removed as I'm still able to open and use
> > > documents with the old programme.
> > >
> > > So, how do I *completely* remove all of the old LibreOffice
> > > without removing all or most of Gnome, which I still want to have
> > > around, please?
> >
> > This is weird. Can You share exactly what was the removal command?
> >

> > Sthu.
> >
> > It was done using synaptic, and then when i went to check in
> > apt-get i saw
>
> that not all of debian libreoffice had been removed, and to remove it
> with apt-get would take most of gnome with it too.
>
> Sharon.

'apt-cache' is a handy cli tool to see whats up with packages.
man: "apt-cache - APT package handling utility -- cache manipulator"

'apt-cache policy' see what versio(s) are installed or
available, 'apt-cache rdepends <package name>' and apt-cache depends
<package name>' will show you what will be installed or removed.
--
Peace,

Greg