Hi

Firstly need to know the name of the feature that allows me to access
/dev/tty0, /dev/tty1 etc and switch between them by press alt+F1, alt+F2 and so
on.

Secondly, how would I configure this feature, in particular I'd like to
configure it to allow me to press probably alt+F7 and access a serial console
at /dev/ttyS0, would need a baud rate of 9600 with common settings for
everything else.

Essentially this is so I can get to the CLI on a Cisco router when its console
port is connected via serial port referenced by the device name /dev/ttyS0 just
by pressing alt+F7, instead having to install a terminal program. I believe
this can be done.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Jamie