On 07/11/2013 01:47 AM, Chris Davies wrote:
Gary Roach<gary719_li...@verizon.net>  wrote:
Now I am really confused. I have two systems; one with an Intel P4,
3GHz, multi-thread and one with an Intel i5-750. Both are running Wheezy
with a KDE desktop. The i5-750 system recognizes the 4GB of memory but
the P4 system does not. They are both running "pae" kernels.
It's possible that your BIOS and/or motherboard simply cannot access the
upper chunk of memory. For example, I discovered (the frustrating way)
that due to hardware constraints my Dell laptop cannot access more than
3.2GB memory of the 4GB I have installed.

Chris

Well I rebooted the system and went to Bios setup. The Bios shows 4, 1GB memory modules. When boot starts the bios memory test ratchets up to 2.5 GB and stops. The problem seems to be with the bios and not the OS. The motherboard is an Intel D865PERL. The MOBO instructions specifically state that the MOBO will handle a maximum of 4GB memory. I used a post card when I recently installed this board. There were no post errors shown. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Gary R