On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 12:04 AM, ChadDavis <chadmichaelda...@gmail.com>wrote:

> > It means synaptic knows of a newer version of google-chrome-stable,
> > but since you specifically asked for removal of tntnet it won't touch
> > it.
> >
> > Nothing to worry about.
> >

> So, there's no connection between chrome and tntnet, it's just
> pointing out that "while I'm doing stuff, there's this other package
> that could be upgraded but I'm not going to . . ." ?

That's a good way to put it.

Of course, you want to know why Google Chrome is being held back. Older
versions of browsers tend to leak, ... .

(Google was held back on my old desktop for a while, until I upgraded to
wheezy.)

And synaptic knowing about tntnet was somewhat reassuring, because it does
indicate a high probability that it was installed by someone with
admin-level priviledges. Bad if it wasn't you, of course, but not bad if
you're sure no one not you has been logging in as you.

Did you check what it was serving?

--
Joel Rees