just asking for understanding/learning, i have been using DRBD Protocol C
for quite some time. however it is said that Protocol A, is for WAN.
and my question is why it is suitable for WAN.
as per my understanding with Protocol A. for example if my TCP buffer size
is 1 MB.
it hold the data untill buffer reach the limit, then it sends all the data
to WAN site and write it to the disk of remote node.
please correct me if i am wrong with my understanding.

however, the question is. if even it is hold 1 MB data in TCP buffer how it
makes it suitable for WAN?

second question is. for example if i send 0.5 MB of data. as per the rule
it will store it in TCP buffer. lets say if my machines are idle and no
data writing is happening instead of reading. then what will happen to the
.5MB data which is in TCP buffer for how log will DRBD keep the data in
buffer.

Thanks,

Myk