On 1/06/2014 9:43 PM, Mike McGinn wrote:
> What a mess! I have been forcing the version in Synaptic on chromium-browser
> to 34.0.187 ... and it says that is what is installed after doing a complete
> removal. But "about" on the browser still reports 35.

Unfortunately or fortunately, depending on your view, this is how Chrome
works.  As part of the *security/update* model, the product does
automatic updates -- you may be able to turn off automatic updates, but
it might give you grief when it comes to safety and/or security.

I know we are all just meant to trust Google, but I don't think we
should be doing so blindly.

Cheers
A.