On Saturday 07 June 2014 21:41:17 Slavko wrote:
> apt-get is quicker than aptitude and has (by the release note)

The release notes have not been consistent about which they recommend for a
particular upgrade.  Both have been recommended on occasion.

I prefer aptitude because I know what I am doing with it (sort of) and because
I don't have such a plethora of commands: apt-get, apt-cache, apt-file etc.
to remember.  But I use apt-x on occasion since it is no longer recommended
that you should stick rigidly with only one of them.  I strongly dislike
Synaptic for almost every job.  Each to his own. :-)  That's one of the
things I love about Debian and Linux.

Lisi