Eduard Bloch writes:

> That's not my impression. It's more like: if you don't like systemd,
 > don't use it.

If I am left free of doing it, there is no problem, Debian does not
force me to use any desktop environment at all, and that pleases me
much, so if I am left free to use an older, tested and reliable init
system there is no problem at all.

 > If you don't like it that much that you want to rant
 > against it, make sure your arguments have some proof/backup.

Systemd is responsible  of too many things, does too  many things, and
this is not a good design choice.

There were other poor design choices, it seems that Debian maintainers
have fixed some of them (i.e. renaming network devices), other seems
to be still there (binary logs...).

But I have no time or will to investigate the subject anymore. When
Debian stable will use systemd in a default installation/dist-upgrade
i will brace for impact and then consider what to do. Quickly, since
my work depends on it :).

 > Since systemd hatters usually fail on the second task, the rhetorical
 > arsenal is chosen accordingly (ad-hominem, trolling, misquoting, ...).

Beware.

Using the second word of the arsenal may make its user elegible of
being the one on the other end of the telephone in this strip:

http://ars.userfriendly.org/cartoons/?id=19990211

--
 /\           ___                                    Ubuntu: ancient
/___/\_|_|\_|__|___Gian Uberto Lauri_____               African word

Warning: gnome-config-daemon considered more dangerous than GOTO