Greetings;

I have a brother HL-3170-CDW color laser printer.

When ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS was driving it, duplex printing work, not
particularly speedy but it worked.

Now, on wheezy, it is disabled.

I have just made sure, starting at the printers own menu's that it is set
to do duplex, using long edge binding rules.

Send a browser to localhost:631 and check the settings, all examples are
set for duplex, long edge binding. There's more than one example because I
can drive it with usb (slow), wifi if I had that setup, and at an ipv4
address set in my local networks block. Faster than usb by quite noticable
amounts. 100 megabaud circuit.

Load up a pdf from /usr/share/doc/nut-doc into okular and tell it to print
the nut docs, 88 pages of them, but okular does not recognise that it can
do duplex, and leaves all the duplex options ghosted, and I cannot do
anything but 88 pages of single sided outout.  Record time of course as
its about 20 ppm in single sided mode.  But 88 pages of 24 lb won't fit in
a 3 clasp quick binder.  Too thick.

What do I check next to see if I can restore this function to a pretty
decent color laser printer?

Thanks.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)