Hello,

My laptop network setup works like the following:

I have a build in wlan- (wlan0) and ethernetcard (eth0), and just want
to use wlan0 managed by NetworkManger, so I have stated a minimal eth0
config in /etc/network/interfaces

# cat /etc/network/interfaces

# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

allow-hotplug eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp

allow-hotplug wlan2
iface wlan2 inet dhcp

So NetworkManager autoconfigures only wlan0 and not eth0 or any
additional wlan-networkcard...

However, since a few weeks, after upgrading from wezzy to jessie and
then to testing, once in a while I noticed a /bug/ or some thing:

  If I configure eth0 manualy like `ip a a 192.168.1.2/24 dev eth0`
from time to time I get a new default route for eth0 (for wish I have
not asked...) and from time to time also my /etc/resolv.conf changed
to a nameserver on the gateway for that newly added subnet, for which
I did not ask either...

Have someone discovered the same or can point out any pitfall? Like I
said this /bug/ is new since my upgrade to testing...

Thanks for help or any other suggestions!
Bernd

PS: This /bug/ is really annoying!

- --
Bernd Naumann <be...@kr217.de>

PGP:   0xA150A04F via pool.sks-keyservers.net
XMPP:  b...@weimarnetz.de