On 2015-08-31 at 11:32, Jonathan de Boyne Pollard wrote:

> The Wanderer:
>
>> Also on a mostly-cosmetic level, if you log in at a text console
>> without systemd, you will get a certain set of messages, coming
>> mostly from login and from your shell - but with systemd, logging
>> in at a text console also produces a mess of extra messages coming
>> from logind, which are largely irrelevant to whoever just logged in
>> and which step all over either the original set of messages or the
>> actual shell prompt.
>>
>> As far as I've been able to determine, there is no way to get
>> logind to not produce these messages, without also preventing it
>> from producing messages later - or in background logging - which
>> you might actually want. And, if I'm interpreting the situation
>> correctly, you will probably see these messages in your console
>> every time _anyone_ gets a new "session" on that computer, even if
>> it's not you. This is the final-straw behavior which led me to
>> reject systemd for my own systems.
>
> That last part doesn't sound right.  Did you do a detailed write up
> of what's happening, anywhere?

No, but I believe I still have my laptop configured in a way which gets
this behavior. If you want, I can reboot it and do a detailed
examination; I'm probably about due for a reboot of that laptop, anyway.

I need to leave for work soon, however, so that won't happen before
tomorrow morning at the earliest.

--
   The Wanderer