On 23/09/15 00:14, Reco wrote:
> $ dpkg -I teamviewer_10.0.46203_amd64.deb | grep Depe
>  Depends: bash (>= 3.0), libc6-i386 (>= 2.4), lib32asound2, lib32z1,
> libxext6, ia32-libs
>
> A fine example of non-multiarch package which declared amd64 arch while
> providing i386 binaries only.

It was probably done that way before Debian became true multi-arch.

We had a similar thing in Gentoo, if you did `emerge skype`, that
required 32-bit libraries, that on the "AMD64" architecture, were
provided by packages in the app-emulation package.

Debian (and Gentoo) have since moved to true multi-arch, and so such
kludges are no longer required.  However there are still probably
packages floating around that still rely upon them.
--
Stuart Longland (aka Redhatter, VK4MSL)

I haven't lost my mind...
  ...it's backed up on a tape somewhere.