> I had similar problems. The hardware works fine elsewhere, and on Debian
> 7 too, hardware failure is out of the question. I also had the same
> problem on the TTY, so it's not an X thing either. I also tried about
> half a dozen USB keyboards, no luck.
>
> In the end, downgrading the kernel to 3.16 fixed the problem for me, and
> have reported #793377 with my findings back then.

Hi again,

The information reported on #793377 is very useful.

While I was reading and proving the things on that bug, I realised that the
problem was on USB autosuspend (or it seems to me)

I did this steps:

1.- Blacklist the USB devices on file
/etc/laptop-mode/conf.d/usb-autosuspend.conf

2.- /etc/init.d/laptop-mode restart

After that, the USB keyboard and USB mouse stoped working.

$> ./activa_usb.sh lst

05e3:0610 = 2, auto
05e3:0610 = 2, auto
046d:c31c = 2, auto
046d:c05a = 2, auto
1d6b:0002 = 2, auto
1d6b:0001 = 2, auto
1d6b:0001 = 2, auto
1d6b:0001 = 2, auto

The problem was fixed with this temporal workaround:

$> ./activa_usb.sh 046d:c05a on

$> ./activa_usb.sh 046d:c31c on

NOTE: the activa_usb.sh script is attached

Thank you all.