----- Original Message -----From: d_ba...@012.net.ilDate: Wednesday, October
21, 2015 10:24 amSubject: System Dorked -- Help!To:
debian-user@lists.debian.org> After being warned of impending failure of my
oldie but goodie 80gig disk -- I had placed my root directory there because the
installation's partition was too small and did this successfully -- I moved the
root directory to a partition on another disk, edited files, ran lilo,
seemingly successfully, and voile: No boot. Get 99's or nothing at all.Going
into a live Debian 7, I mounted the old and new partitions, copied the modified
files (which had been done on the old version :-( ) and chroot and tried to
re-run lilo. Segmentation fault. I had been running an up-to-date Sid so maybe
that is the problem. The lilo is on the partition, not on the live distro.>
Fact is, with certain combination of cabling, I had the bootloader actually
work, load the initrd, and start up, but the new root was not connected so
could not proceed. So what can I do about this?> ‭‮More:I installed to the live
distro its lilo and ran from command line specifying the configuration file and
map. This is what I get:Fatal: Trying to map files from unnamed device 0x0012
(NFS/RAID mirror down ?)Ok, no segment fault. If I use the -q option, it will
display my boot choices.So, what's next?‭‮