On Tuesday 29 December 2015 07:41:10 kamaraju kusumanchi wrote:
> > Because, criminal offence though I fully understand it to be, I want to
> > use my television to watch UK Channel 4 catch-up TV and Amazon Prime
> > Video.  For that I need the computer attached to my television to run
> > Flash-player.
> >
> > I know that I can get the setup running in Wheezy.  The question is
> > whether I can do so it Jessie.  But the stumbling block, I think is that
> > I need HAL.
>
> May I ask what browser you are using to watch Amazon Prime Video?

As of yesterday, Google Chrome.

> When
> I tried it in Iceweasel, I get the following error
>
> Unsupported Browser
> This web browser isn't compatible with Amazon Video. Please use one of
> the following web browsers:
>   Google Chrome (latest version)

I now get the same error with Iceweasel as you got, which is different from
last time I bothered with Amazon Prime Video, and it works fine in Google
Chrome.  It didn't last time I investigated.

Channel 4, however, now comes up with a black screen once the video starts
(the static picture is there fine).  Channel 5 is equally bad, but so far
there has never been anything I actually wanted to watch on Channel 5.  The
other channels work fine.  Including now in Iceweasel, since this package of
Sven's.  (Previously most of the channels worked in Chrome, but not in
Iceweasel.)  Thank you, Sven.  All I have to do now is find out why Channel 4
remains resolutely black when Flashplayer is running.

Lisi

Lisi