On Wednesday 30 December 2015 14:00:18 Steve Matzura wrote:
> I'm doing it to an NTFS filesystem drive.
>
> On Wed, 30 Dec 2015 10:06:13 +0100, you wrote:

Why not use the net-install?  That fits _easily_ on a stick, even a small
stick, and away you go.  Just do the basic install and then pull the rest off
the net.  You don't need everything.

I never use anything else.  You can get it with or without  proprietary
network drivers:
https://www.debian.org/releases/jessie/debian-installer/

(The official image (without drivers) is at the top of the page, the image
with drivers is towards the bottom of the page in the yellow box.)

Lisi