Hi, Juan,

> I have a fresh install of Jessie GNOME 64 bit since the release date.
> I've never had a single notification of any available system update. So, as a
> daily routine I run 'apt-get update' and 'apt-upgrade'.

I have never had any notification of available updates unless I specificaly
look for them. What tool should provide that notification?

[...]
> I do not care about GNOME Package Updater and other GUI things, since I still
> prefer CLI. However, notifications would be nice to have as a reminder.
> Anyone to suggest something helpful?

For as long as I have been using Debian I have a little script that I run each
night:

#!/bin/bash

MAILREC="b.blok...@tio.nl helpd...@tio.nl"
SUBJECT="Upgrade report voor $HOSTNAME"
TMPFILE=/tmp/upgradereport.tmp

# Stap 1: ververs de repositories...
apt-get update >/dev/null 2>&1

# Stap 2: toon de upgrades
apt-get --dry-run upgrade | grep Inst > $TMPFILE
if egrep -q ^Inst $TMPFILE
then
  mail -s "$SUBJECT" $MAILREC < $TMPFILE
fi