On 03/17/2016 01:25 PM, Michael Fothergill wrote:
Dear Folks,

I had a problem with a power supply that kept cutting out after about
40 minutes or so.

I was running debian stretch reasonably OK from a PNY optima ssd on
an FX 8350 cpu running on a sabertooth fx 990 2.0 board with a engt
430 graphics card.

The original psu was a Zalman zm 1250 which I replaced with a smaller
psu that runs OK.

The SSD is no longer recognised by the bios.

There is some voodoo on the web about using power cycles and firmware
to resurrect the ssd drives.

Does this work in practice or should I get a replacement ssd?