Hugo Vanwoerkom composed on 2016-07-06 22:06 (UTC-0500):

This is a newly installed Sid system that has 2 Samsung HD502HJ disks of
500GB and a Samsung SSD830 of 128GB.

It has 2 graphics cards, Model:"nVidia G98 [GeForce 8400 GS Rev. 2]".
I have tried to google for this error but was not too successful. The
moment you enter 'nouveau' as a search term it thinks I am a French speaker.

Has anybody ever come across this strange behavior? What do you suggest?

Firefox-esr 45.0.2 works for me in Jessie using a G98, but I'm not using either the nouveau or nvidia Xorg drivers. With neither installed, Xorg wants to automatically use the modeset driver, which in Sid is integral to the Xorg server. If your WM/DE doesn't depend on 3D support from the driver, you could try uninstalling the nouveau driver to rule it out as a cause of the errors.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/