> I have been using a A7N8X Deluxe with Debian for
about a month now and
> have been extremely happy with it.  One thing to
remember is to boot
> with "noapic nolapic" kernel parameters.  Do some
googling if you want
> to know more.  I have been using the forcedeth
driver for a week now and
> nothing has broken yet, 3com nic works as expected,
and onboard sound is
> great.  I haven't even tried any 2.4 kernels but I
am pretty sure it
> isn't a problem.  I too have been using the nvidia
video drivers since
> they first came out and I would not hesitate to
recommend virtually any
> nvidia graphics card for use with linux.  It may be
binary-only drivers,
> but that is pretty much what you have to live with
to get GLX
> accelerated graphics.

I downloaded the drivers from nVidia and followed
their instructions for installing them...

tar -xvzf *gz (since I didn't want to type in the
rather lengthy file name)
cd nforce
make
make install

make and make install gave me errors which can be seen
in these to screen photos (figured
this was better than trying to write them down.

make
http://webpages.charter.net/scarletdown/Misc/nforce-error-0.JPG

make install
http://webpages.charter.net/scarletdown/Misc/nforce-error-1.JPG

Any ideas what is wrong here?

As for forcedeth, is that only for the Ethernet
drivers (both 3Com and nVidia I presume), or
does it install drivers for all the nForce features?
If it is only for the Ethernet adapters, then it
doesn't seem like there would be any point in me using
them since I would need the nVidia
Unified drivers anyway for everything else.

Also, where would I download forcedeth and how do I
install it?