On Monday 29 August 2016 07:22:46 rhkra...@gmail.com wrote:

> On Sunday, August 28, 2016 05:06:16 PM No Spam wrote:
> > So it is 12 years later;
> >
> > has someone found something working?
>
> So, if you expect a helpful answer, you might detail the problems that
> you have with the mail clients you've tried.
>
> I've used kmail for a long time, and though it has some warts, I'm
> generally satisfied.  I use it as a pop3 client, I don't know if I'd
> have more problems as an IMAP client.  Some of my nits (or larger than
> nits):
>
>    * Doesn't have the focus follows eyes (or thoughts) feature ;-)

Chuckle, now that would be handier than bottled beer.

>    * Sometimes insists that folders are too big to compact

Trinitys bugfixed kmail 1.9.10 has never done that to me, and I've one
mailbox thats never expired, a bit north of 4.3 gigs.  Its all maildir,
and slow to enter those larger folders.

>    * Typically (well, until recently) I lost the filters when I moved
> to a new machine--now I know how to deal with that

Copying kmailrc from the old machine to the new one would have sorted
that. But duplicate the folder structure first!

>    * Doesn't automatically compose (appropriate) replies

Some of mine could be called NSFW. ;-)

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)