On Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 10:01:10AM -0500, rlhar...@oplink.net wrote:
> Is it possible to use the ethernet port of a laptop to feed a printer
> while the laptop is connected to the Internet via a usb-tethered
> verizon/netgear airpack 791L?
>
> Network manager appears unable to find the printer.
>
> RLH

I guess that should be possible. However this could be tricky.
Usually the verizon devices put you into 192.168.1.0/24 network. This is
also the network most home routers put you in. It might be possible that
those two network collide.
Most likely you also get your network settings via dhcp. Here also the two
different network collide. Most likely the later connection will overwrite
the first and screw things up.
I would recommend setting up one network manually making sure that they
have non colliding networks.

-H

--
Henning Follmann           | hfollm...@itcfollmann.com