I thought it would be nice to see if I could sync my iPad with my Jessie
box. I downloaded all the packages that online research suggested I would
need:

apt-get install ideviceinstaller python-imobiledevice
libimobiledevice-utils libimobiledevice4 libplist2 python-plist ifuse

However, the ifuse package was not found in the Jessie repository. Checking
the Debian Wiki. it lools like ifuse is indeed not in the repository:

Package ifuse

   - wheezy (oldstable) <https://packages.debian.org/wheezy/ifuse> (utils):
   FUSE module for iPhone and iPod Touch devices
   1.0.0-1+b1: amd64 armel i386 ia64 mips mipsel powerpc s390 sparc
   1.0.0-1: armhf s390x
   - stretch (testing) <https://packages.debian.org/stretch/ifuse> (utils):
   FUSE module for iPhone and iPod Touch devices
   1.1.2-0.1+b4: amd64 armel armhf i386 mips mipsel s390x
   1.1.2-0.1+b2: arm64 ppc64el
   1.1.2-0.1+b1: mips64el
   - sid (unstable) <https://packages.debian.org/sid/ifuse> (utils): FUSE
   module for iPhone and iPod Touch devices
   1.1.2-0.1+b5 [*debports* <http://www.debian-ports.org/>]: ppc64
   1.1.2-0.1+b4: alpha amd64 armel armhf i386 kfreebsd-amd64 kfreebsd-i386
   mips mipsel powerpc s390x
   1.1.2-0.1+b2: arm64 ppc64el sparc64
   1.1.2-0.1+b1 [*debports* <http://www.debian-ports.org/>]: hppa m68k
   mips64el x32
   1.1.2-0.1 [*debports* <http://www.debian-ports.org/>]: powerpcspe sh4

So, it is in Wheezy, and Stretch, but not Jessie? This leads me to suspect
it has issues, probably dependency ones, like an updated dependency package
not making the freeze cutoff. And I am not one to go willy-nilly upgrading
random dependency files to get one package, however much I want ifuse.

Can anybody add any actual fact to my suppositions?