> debian-8.7.1-amd64-CD-1.iso
>
> The reason I bring this up is because people in support groups and forums as
> about why they didn't get a desktop environment, even when they use that
> specific CD.

That "feature" is not limited to the cd version. It is also in the netinst
version and the dvd versions. It would be nice if people intuitively understood
that the "base system" was not going to meet their expectations of a minimal
install, which includes a desktop environment, but noobs don't understand that.
Equally nice would be an "advanced installation" option to only do a base
system installation.  Making the selection of a mirror and desktop environment
an unskippable part of the installation, unless you chose that advanced "base
system" would be very user friendly, particularly for noobs.