On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 05:16:49AM -0700, Larry Dighera wrote:
> I just burned Debian-live-testing-amd64-lxde.iso
> https://cdimage.debian.org/mirror/cdimage/weekly-live-builds/amd64/iso-hybrid/debian-live-testing-amd64-lxde.iso
> from
> https://cdimage.debian.org/mirror/cdimage/weekly-live-builds/amd64/iso-hybrid/
> to a 16GB SD card, and was hoping to be able to install it on a partition on
> the m.2 SSD next to dual-boot Win10.
>
> I read on one of the Debian.com pages
> https://www.debian.org/CD/live/index.en.html , that there's supposed to be a
> "launcher on the desktop that can be used to install while running the live
> image." Unfortunately, I didn't find one.
>
> I Googled, but was unable to find any information on how to install from the
> live system.
>
> Is anyone able to offer a pointer to the method of installing to HDD from
> the live USB image?

If the image doesn't have the icon, it probably (but not
certainly) doesn't have the installer.

That's OK, if you've got network access from the live system.

(If you don't have network access, go copy a Debian install DVD
to the SD card and boot from that.)

Assuming your network is networking:

sudo apt-get install debian-installer-launcher

and after a bit, you should be able to start
debian-installer-launcher from the menu.

-dsr-