Is there any way to permanently neuter apt-get autoremove, so that even
if something invokes it against my will, it will *never* remove anything?

And more, is there a way to get apt and apt-get to *stop* prompting me
to run it, and *stop* spamming me with a list of packages that it would
like me to remove?  (Maybe that's the same as the first question, maybe
not.)

My strategy so far has been "ignore the spam, and never willingly run
autoremove".  This mostly works, but I recently learned that tasksel
will apparently run an autoremove, without warning, whether I want it
to or not (<http://bugs.debian.org/868892>).

If autoremove will also remove *kernels*, which this thread seems to
indicate is the case, then my concerns just went up another notch.

I suppose one could manually mark each and every single installed
package as "manually installed", but you'd have to remember to repeat
this periodically, and it seems clumsy and inelegant compared to some
sort of master switch that can just tell autoremove to go die in a fire.