On Fri, Aug 04, 2017 at 11:11:01AM +0000, jakob notland wrote:
> Hello dear Debian support
>

> This question refers to the following page:
> <https://wiki.debian.org/LXC/MasqueradedBridge>
> https://wiki.debian.org/LXC/MasqueradedBridge
>
> The problem I am having is that I am trying to run the commands under section
> "1. Port forwads":
>
> iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -d $external_ip -m conntrack --ctstate
> NEW -j DNAT --to-destination 10.3.0.2
> iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i lxc-nat-bridge -d $external_ip -m conntrack
> --ctstate NEW -j DNAT --to-destination 10.3.0.2
> iptables -t nat -A OUTPUT -d $external_ip -m conntrack --ctstate NEW -j DNAT
> --to-destination 10.3.0.2
>
> All the commands returns "Bad argument `conntrack'", when I tried to run them
> both on my ubuntu laptop and my jessie rpi (my main goal here is to create
> the lxc bridge on jessie). Could this documentation be outdated? If so, could
> you please help me figuring out the right commands? If not, do you have some
> clues about what I am doing wrong?

You might need a kernel module. Try this command to see which modules
are available:
find /lib/modules/|grep conntrack

This command to see which modules are currently loaded in your
kernel:
lsmod

See also rmmon and insmod.

But I would have thought they'd be automatically installed by the
iptables command. IDK more about iptables sorry... good luck,