Howdy,

I just noticed that logrotate hasn't been running since October 2016 on one
of my Jessie boxes.  Manually running logrotate works without issue. This
is approximately the time I upgraded it from Wheezy. I hate to wade into
the pool of systemd hate, but is this systemd's fault? I noticed
anacron doesn't exist on this system. Is it supposed to anymore? Or is that
one of the things that have been deprecated? If so, how are the
/etc/cron.daily jobs getting run these days?

I cheated and added logrotate to root's crontab as an ugly hack to get them
rotating. What is the *right* way to get it going again?

Thanks,

--John