On Sat, Mar 23, 2019 at 08:31:34AM -0500, Tom Browder wrote:

> Solved!!
>
> I tried using my iPhjone as a personal hotspot and connected the
> laptop AND iPad to it and I can ssh into the laptop with no problems.
>
> -Tom

I'm pleasantly surprised to hear that worked. I wouldn't have said it
was a given that an iPhone personal hotspot would do routing between
multiple WiFi devices connected to it. Obviously between the WiFi and
the phone, but...

Of course the downside of this approach is the iPhone itself switches
away from WiFi when you do this, and any data usage *it* does while you
are working goes over the phone, potentially costing you money... I once
ran up a >$2000 phone bill while roaming in HK because I didn't realise
an online broker's app was still running on the phone, streaming
prices...

Mark