On 13/09/2019 09:25, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> Quoting Paul Sutton (2019-09-13 09:27:58)
>> Hi
>>
>> Just tried to run the rocksndiamonds games
>> entering this at the command line gives.
>> Run `dpkg-reconfigure rocksndiamonds' as root
>> to install/update game levels.
>
> What is the output of this command?:
>
>   apt list rocksndiamonds
>

>> Once I have run su to get to root I try and run
>>
>> dpkg-reconfigure rocksndiamonds
>> and get
>> bash: dpkg-reconfigure: command not found
>>
>> can anyone suggest what is wrong please,
>
> Wild suggestion: Perhaps you copied the instruction from an interface
> that kindly (but wrongly) had translated the ASCII hyphen-dash character
> to another typographic variant.
>
> Try (if you didn't already) to type (directly key-by-key, no copying)
> "dpkg-re" and then hit TAB, to let the shell tab-completion help.
>

>  - Jonas

I have it working now after using the su - thing,  well it wasn't a copy
/ paste issue here but you do raise a good point there.

Thanks to everyone for their help,  would be good to figure out why
things like this happen.  If I put my average user hat on (as in those
trying to switch from windows) most users would probably just give up
and see Debian as too complex.

Paul

--
Paul Sutton