Gary L. Roach <garyroach719.li...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am using Bullseye (testing) because some of the software I use need
> some of the newer libraries. Unfortunately Bullseye no longer includes
> the Qt4 libraries and some of my packages still need Qt4. How can I
> get Qt4 packages for Bullseye. There is probably a backport for this
> but I have not used backport in the past. I will need a step by step
> procedure if backporting is needed.

Since Qt4 has been removed from all future releases there will be no
such thing as a backport in this case, because there is nothing to
backport *from*. (It would be a forward-port, but there is no such thing
for Debian.)

But you normally can just install the old library DEBs, for example by
getting them from snapshot.debian.org. You won't get any security or
other support for them.

Or you can create a chroot from an older Debian release still containing
Qt4 to run the old software. Unless the kernel changes in an
incompatible way, this should work for some time.

Grüße,
Sven.

--
Sigmentation fault. Core dumped.