On Tue, Aug 11, 2020 at 01:19:46PM +1000, David wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Aug 2020 at 09:48, Russell L. Harris <russ...@rlharris.org> wrote:
>
> > So is my processor AMD or Atom?
>
> The best way to answer this question is to run the command
> cat /proc/cpuinfo
>
> and perhaps share its output with us here.

It's a AMD CPU-GPU package, I've documented the hardware in
the wiki as I already pointed out earlier:
https://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/Lenovo/ideapadS205/wheezy

One of the things that could prevent the X start is a firmware issue.
I documented that in this page back then, and it's likely you could
not do anything without the proper non-free firmware installed.

It's a nice device with quite good hardware support but you had to
get all the non-free firmware parts together to get it going.

Sven