On Thu, Nov 19, 2020 at 09:00:01PM -0800, Weaver wrote:
> On 20-11-2020 13:04, Markos wrote:
> > Please,
> >
> > I am studying Chinese and I need to install fonts to type ideograms in
> > Debian 9.
> >
> > I use Brazilian Portuguese, but I don't want to reconfigure my
> > computer to type only in Chinese.

No need to. GNU/Linux is decidedly multilingual :-)

> It could well be worth your while to get on top of LaTeX, through the
> Texmaker editor or similar.

I'm a big fan of LaTeX myself, but I fear this advise will send
the original poster down the wrong rabbit hole. Note how Markos
asked for tips on *typing* Chinese, not on *typesetting* Chinese?

And how he hinted at his familiarity with LibreOffice?

So I think what he needs is a suitable input method and suitable
display (and later perhaps print) fonts.

He'll need that anyway should he ever decide to go with LaTeX:
somehow the texts have to first go in :-)

Cheers
 - t