Ok, a question about anti-spam software...

My new server will be a multi-domain MX gateway/anti-spam system running
postfix with postscreen enabled, and Amavisd-New+SpamAssassin (unless
someone has a better suggestion).

Since it has been a looong time - are there any better options for an
anti-spam solution than just amavisd-new+spamassassin?

I'm specifically interested in adding some kind of per user anti-spam
quarantine+management+reporting capabilities (as opposed to just
tag+deliver), if possible.

Searching online reveals Maia Mailguard, but it seems to be not well
maintained - most importantly, it apparently doesn't work with modern
versions of PHP.

Also, I saw a reference to something called 'SAQ', a 'SpamAssassin
Quarantine system', but it seems to have gone bye bye.

One option is ASSP, which I experimented with a very, very long time
ago, but I never implemented it because I really, really don't want one
big perl script as my primary front line gateway defense.

I may see if I can set up ASSP to just be an after the fact spam filter
rather than the gateway, if the per user Reporting/Quarantine management
will still work properly.

Thanks for any suggestions anyone might have...

--

Charles