On Mon, Oct 11, 2021 at 06:04:08PM -0500, Nicholas Geovanis wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 11, 2021, 7:31 AM Gokan Atmaca <linux.go...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello
> >
> > I am using openldap. I configured a different server as ldap client.
> > When I say "id user", the information comes. I have two organized
> > units. "people" and "groups". my test environment.  But I can't login.
> > What could be causing the problem?
> >

> The immediate reason for the failure should be found in the sshd logs in
> /var. But the trick with LDAP for login authentication is this:

why should this be in the sshd logs?

Is he/she even try to ssh into that machine and using openldap as a
passwort store? Or a local login, httpd, email...

He/she might even try to just login into ldap, from the post
it is not clear what he/she is actually trying.

--
Henning Follmann           | hfollm...@itcfollmann.com