On 10/17/2021 3:00 PM, JAMES BOSWELL wrote:
if i divide my hard drive and install debian lynx on it. will i be able to
effectively run debian on this laptop?

You are planning on creating a 'multiboot' with Debian and Windows!

The best thing that I can suggest is to Google 'multiboot Bullseye and
Windows10'.

i know about enough to fill a thimble but i'm hopeful and any guidance
would be greatly appreciated and i would follow it to the T's

With W10 you have also the possibility of using 'WLS' an order
alternative would be to install Debian as a VM.
If you choose to go the VM way Virtualbox and Qemu are working fine on
Windows.

I would say that 'WLS' and 'VB/Qemu' are less prone to crashing your laptop.

--
John Doe