john doe wrote:

> I'm using a RS232 cable to connect to a server everything is properly
> set up and works fine.
> For some reasons I lost the connection to my server that is I can not
> control the server using serial console.
> If I reboot that server I can once again manage that server using serial
> console.
>
> Is there a way to get back the connection without having to reboot the
> server?
>
> In other words, how can I reconnect when the cable has been disconnected

Above you say for some reason and now you say cable was disconnected.
If it is a straight forward RS232 on the mainboard of the server and you are
using something like minicom, you just need to reconnect to the device
(after attaching the cable).
If you have an issue with that, you need to debug what is going on.
IF you have the rs232 serial as module, you can try SSH to the server and
rmmod/insmod or modprobe ... but if you could SSH why would you RS232 to
the server?
Anyway ... based on the scare information, this is the only thing that came
into my mind.

BR

--
FCD6 3719 0FFB F1BF 38EA 4727 5348 5F1F DCFE BCB0