Hi Jonathan,

On 31/03/22 20:20:14 CEST, Jonathan Marquardt wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 30, 2022 at 06:32:29PM -0500, Paul Johnson wrote:
> > Thing that should not work but almost always works for me:  Mark the
> > nvidia GL packages for reinstall and let aptitude do its thing [...]
>
> I did:
>
> # apt reinstall libegl-nvidia0 libegl-nvidia0:i386 libgles-nvidia1
> libgles-nvidia1:i386 libgles-nvidia2 libgles-nvidia2:i386
> libglx-nvidia0 libglx-nvidia0:i386
>
> Are those the correct packages?

I have a laptop with an NVIDIA Optimus graphics card and in my
experience what always solved problems with the drivers was to purge all
nvidia packages and reinstall them. A bit drastic but so far it always
worked:

1. Purge all packages (but always check and be careful):
    aptitude purge '~invidia'
2. Reboot
3. Re-install the driver:
    apt install [-t bullseye-backports] nvidia-driver
4. Reboot

Consider installing from bullseye backports if you want newer versions.

But a word of advice, if I may: have a look at the NVIDIA PRIME Render
Offload [1].

This should be the recommended method to use since Debian Bullseye,
nowadays bumblebee/pvkrun should be used only if the official NVIDIA
PRIME Render Offload does not work. On my laptop it works out of the
box, with Steam as well. Have a look at the wiki [1], see if you can
make your graphics card work with this method.

Cheers

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/NVIDIA%20Optimus