On Mon, Apr 25, 2022 at 10:25:46AM -0500, Tom Browder wrote:
> I am looking for a commercial grade server (for home use) to replace my
> remote ones. I am looking at Dell's site and an almost-empty chassis with a
> low-end Intel, 1 TB SATA, and 8 Gb ECC  RAM is in the $800 ball park. It
> looks very upgradeable.
>
> Anyone have any suggestions on whether to buy or not? I would add at least
> two 1 Tb SSD from Crucial to it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Tom

The HP Microserver is the same sort of beast: HPE Proliant Microserver
Gen 10 Plus is about the size of a bookshelf speaker by the looks.

HPE's own drives are relatively expensive. This is effectively a fit and
forget solution, I think. Drives aren't hot swap but if you're going to use
SSD anyway, that doesn't matter.

The ILO card is a little bit more.

Alternatively, it might be worth looking at something small and silent
from a US? equivalent of QuietPC / Overclockers UK.

Hope this helps,

All best, as ever,

Andy Cater