I am giving up and will proceed with the netinst. Thanks everyone for the many helpful comments and recommendations.

I stripped the spaces from the fingerprint and equated it RSA key. They matched. So every thing is correct until the last step

Dragonette:/home/tom/Downloads/debian# gpg2 --verify SHA512SUMS.sign.txt debian-11.5.0-amd64-netinst.iso
gpg: Signature made Sat 10 Sep 2022 07:00:08 PM EDT
gpg:                using RSA key DF9B9C49EAA9298432589D76DA87E80D6294BE9B
gpg: BAD signature from "Debian CD signing key <debian...@lists.debian.org>" [unknown]

Note: I used SHA512SUMS.sign.txt and SHA512SUMS.txt in all the previous successful verifications as that it is the way they were downloaded from the Debian site.

Tom George